Do you teach Common Core curriculum?
No. Because we do not accept any monies from Federal or State agencies we are not required to use Common Core curriculum.
How much is tuition?
Yearly tuition for Pre-k is $1000, Kindergarten $2000, 1st-2nd $300, 3rd-4th $3500, and 5th-8th $4000. To find out more about payment plans and options please see our registration page.
What is the seating fee?
This is the fee that you pay at registration that shows you intend your student to enroll at White House Academy. For incoming students it is $250 and goes towards tuition. For current students it is the book fee amount for the following year. The seating fee is non-refundable.
What are the dates of your school year?
We start school on the day after Labor Day. After that we follow the Uintah School District's school calendar (with few exceptions).
Do you offer full-day kindergarten?
No. Kindergarten starts at 8:30 am and is done at 11:30 am.
What do you mean when you say you teach on levels?
For the core subjects (math, spelling, and grammar) we divide students into classes according to their performance on placement tests, not according to age. For example, if an 9 year old student spells really well on the placement test she will be placed in a level that will challenge her, not necessarily where other 4th graders will be.
What is the book fee?
The book fee is $50 for pre-k, grades K-2 it is $75, grades 3-4 it is $95, and grades 5th-8th it is $130. This fee covers the cost of books used for history that students will take home and helps defray the cost of wear and tear on textbooks.
Why do you have a uniform policy instead of just a dress code?
- Uniforms reduce socio-economic stigmas. When children come dressed in a uniform, their individuality is expressed more through their countenances and personality than dress.
- A uniform policy serves as a better foundation for teaching the importance of making and keeping commitments with exactness, even when the commitment may appear to be small.
- A uniform is more effective at reducing fashion distractions that can inhibit learning.
- A clear uniform policy allows teachers to focus more on teaching and less on upholding and debating a dress code with students.
- A uniform policy creates a stronger identity with the school.
- A uniform is helpful for security purposes to quickly and easily distinguish between White House Academy students and visitors.
How can my child express his/her individuality if most of what he/she wears is prescribed in the uniform policy?
Fashion is one form of expressing ourselves, but individuality (who we are) goes much deeper than fashion. We feel that when we eliminate differences in apparel during school hours, it is easier to focus on the more significant aspects of our individuality: our Christ-like character and behavior, our God-given talents, our countenances, our divine nature, and our personality.